Watch William Lane Craig Debate Richard Dawkins

The Live Debate

I’m watching the panel debate, “Does the Universe Have a Purpose?” LIVE from Complejo Cultural Universitario in Puebla, Mexico—right now via this link (11/13/2010).

The affirmative aside is being argued by Rabbi David Wolpe, William Lane Craig, Douglas Geivett. The negative side is being argued by Matt Ridley, Michael Shermer, Richard Dawkins. I’m so proud of our Biola guys. William Lane Craig was one of my favorite professors and I used to work for Doug Geivett, too. I’m having a blast watching this—it’s also cool that my wife speaks Spanish and can understand the voiceover!

Now Watch This

Update (11/18): I’ve embedded the recorded English language video below.

Behind the Scenes

After watching the video, find out what William Lane Craig had to say about debating Richard Dawkins and the rest of the atheist side in my follow-up post: William Lane Craig Talks about debating Richard Dawkins

Leaders: Get my FREE 6-part course on How to Run an Accessible Apologetics Conference. Sign-up now.

7 Responses to “Watch William Lane Craig Debate Richard Dawkins”

1. Eric Burton December 14, 2010 2:26 AM

Hey Mikel:

I posted my (way overdue) analysis of the debate on my site, if you are interested in my take. I won’t post the link here directly so it doesn’t seem like I’m trying to advertise or something. I think your site lists my url when I make a comment anyway. Talk to you soon!

-Eric

2. Charlie J. Ray June 22, 2011 12:13 PM

I was interested to hear this debate. However, I was disappointed because reason apart from the special revelation of Holy Scripture can never lead to truth in theological matters. In fact, apart from regeneration the atheist cannot and will not repent.

Charlie

• Apologetics Guy June 22, 2011 1:00 PM

Why were you disappointed? The debate was called, “Does the universe have a purpose?” I actually think you could arrive at a generic form of theism without Scripture, but yeah—you’re not gonna get the gospel out of merely studying natural revelation. Dr. Craig would be the first to say that apart form the Holy Spirit, nobody comes to faith. I’m thankful that we have good arguments for the existence of God, but expecting those arguments—in isolation—to produce repentance will always leave you disappointed.

3. Jose Luis Treviño September 16, 2011 5:00 PM

It is Puebla, not Pueblo. Are you from Monchester or something?

4. Apologetics Guy September 16, 2011 9:38 PM

@Jose – Thanks for alerting me to the error. All fixed! :-)

5. clint December 10, 2012 5:29 AM

Where can I get and buy a copy of this debate from a source other than YouTube?

There is a YouTube block in the country that I am living (germany) because of the Music played

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention » Panel Debate: David Wolpe, William Lane Craig, Douglas Geivett vs. Matt Ridley, Michael Shermer, Richard Dawkins -- Topsy.com - November 14, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Rick Baskett, Mikel Del Rosario. Mikel Del Rosario said: Video: William Lane Craig & Richard Dawkins' panel debate http://bit.ly/d3p0QU (Spanish voiceover) #apologetics #atheist […]