Hey, local friends! We’re kicking off the first night of my Defending the Faith series at Bridgeway Christian Church in Rocklin this Saturday. This is a practical, 5-week course on presenting reasons to believe Christianity is true. It’s a user-friendly introduction to Christian Apologetics based on my new Accessible Apologetics Curriculum and the classes are totally FREE.
Check out what Pastor Lance Hahn has to say about the importance of Christian Apologetics, developing defenders of the faith, and my part in equipping the church:
Press F5 if the ‘play’ button is not visible in the video above.
Even if you haven’t signed up, you’re totally welcome to join us. This course is all about increasing your confidence as a Christian by exploring the reasons and evidences for the faith, and preparing yourself to be a more effective ambassador of Jesus Christ. I’d love to see you there.
This week, we’re tackling two main questions:
- What is Apologetics anyway?
- Why should we defend the faith?
Here are the details:
- Dates: October 2, 2010 through October 30, 2010
- Time: 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- Place: The Hub. Room 208
I recommend bringing a 1 ½” three-ring binder to class. You’ll get detailed student notes that will become a nice resource for you by the end of the course. Please bring your Bible and something to write with, too.
Schedule of topics:
- Week 1: Introduction to Christian Apologetics (10/2)
- Week 2: The Relationship of Faith and Reason (10/9)
- Week 3: Arguments for the Existence of God (10/16)
- Week 4: Demonstrating the Reliability of the Bible (10/23)
- Week 5: The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (10/30)
Although there are no required texts, I recommend both On Guard by William Lane Craig and Tactics by Greg Koukl as excellent companion texts. It’s not too late to invite a friend, so feel free to check this out and bring someone else with you!